Classic Spaghetti Sauce
Cook Time 30 minutes
- 1 onion diced
- 4 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 to matoes chopeed
- 1 28 oz jar crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup wine water, or broth
- 1 jar tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons dried basil use fresh, if you can
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 package Johnsonville® Meatballs Italian Style
- Saute onions and garlic in the butter or oil until about 6 minutes on medium heat until translucent. (if you are adding additional veggies, add them in this step increasing the oil or butter as needed)
- Add the tomatoes, paste, herbs, salt, pepper, brown sugar, meatballs, and liquid.
- Bring to low boil.
- Cover and simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Add additional liquid, herbs, or salt & pepper and heat through.
Pages: Page 1 Page 2