As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
Oh how I wish I could reach through the screen and pass you a fork and plate of this tasty chicken enchilada lasagna. One, because I would so love to meet you and chat with you in person. Second, because photo’s can’t possibly do justice to this tasty lasagna. And that’s a darn shame.
This recipe uses Birds Eye Barbecue Sweet Corn and Farm Rich® Smokehouse Smoked Chicken (I found these easily in the freezer section at Walmart) as shortcuts to get a fairly time-consuming favorite of lasagna on the table without a lot of fuss or muss. Translate: busy family meal!
If you are trying to appreciate family meal time like we are preparing a delicious meal is a great help! First of all you can use the guilt method… “I took all this time to create this meal, the least you can do is sit down for 20 minutes without your electronics”. Works every time. And, withhold any info about how long it actually took. Second, having a lovely meal waiting for meal time is a sure-fire way to get cooperation on a regular basis. It’s a reward and consequence thing. Not so great meals if you want electronics VS. fantastic meals if you give up your electronics for family meals.
Now, fantastic meals don’t have to be hard or time consuming. I actually don’t believe in that, at all. This chicken enchilada lasagna recipe is neither of those. It’s simple to make and uses already prepared ingredients to help speed up the process.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 can diced green chilis
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 4 oz cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package Farm Rich® Smokehouse Smoked Chicken
- 1 package Birds Eye Barbecue Sweet Corn
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (mozzarella or cheddar would work)
- 9 slices Provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- no-boil lasagna noodles
- premade sauce (see above)
Instructions for sauce
- Saute the onions in the butter for about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chili's and continue to saute on low for 20 minutes.
- Whisk in the flour until combined.
- Whisk in the stock and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining sauce ingredients, stir, and set aside for assembling the lasagna.
Instructions for assembling lasagna
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a greased 9 by 9inch square pan place one layer of noodles down, 1/2 of the sauce, 1/2 of the corn, 1/2 of the black beans, 1/2 of the chicken, 1/2 of the shredded cheese, and 1/3 of the cilantro.
- Put another layer of noodles down and the other halves of the sauce, corn, black beans, chicken, and cheese. Add 1/3 of the cilantro.
- Top with the provolone cheese and the last of the cilantro.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly on the edge. Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Chicken Enchilada Lasagna