Amongst the coffee drinks that Tessa made for us on "Coffee Day" otherwise known as Awesome Day was this Cambodian Coffee. It was probably my favorite. No, that's not true...the German coffee recipe one was. This was my next favorite. To be fair, the German one had ice cream. It's hard to beat coffee and ice cream together.
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.” Find our full disclosure here.
Anyways, my wee small sister made us coffee drinks all day on Awesome Day. It was...Awesome. And, this one was a favorite.
(sitting in the sun spot drinking coffee is the BEST way to start a morning...Bar None!)
We love how easy this coffee recipe is to make. We love how beautiful it is to serve. And we love how tasty it is. That hits all three of the important marks for coffee. For that reason, this coffee drink has a permanent place in our coffee recipe box. And by recipe box, we actually mean attached to our refrigerators, where all important things go. And, we hope, a new home in yours.
- 8 oz brewed coffee (we are fans of our french press and Chemex! In fact, we don't own an auto coffee maker!)
- 4 0z. sweetened condensed milk
To make Cambodian Coffee:
- Open can of sweetened condensed milk and place the open can in a pot with water (it should come about 1/3 to 1/2 way up the can). Bring water to a boil.
- Pour coffee into a mug, and then pour the sweetened condensed milk on top. Be sure to admire the layers at this stage!
- Stir before you drink. Enjoy!
We like to think of ourselves as Coffee Snobs. And this site is chock full of great coffee recipes in the warm drink section.