How to make a herb dryer for the window
I have a cool cool project for you today!! This is my herb dryer that I use in my apartment. It’s temporary and easy to make which makes it perfect for our rental! My summer herbs are drying on it and when I have herbs leftover from dishes (like my Tomato Tart) I hang them up and use them later. Love! I’ll be honest, I’m not an expert in herb drying and may not be doing it correctly. But, I do know that it is working fine for me. So…that’s what counts in my book!
Herb dryer Supplies…
- A tension rod to fit your window
- dowels- 1/2 inch- (use as many as you like to fit your window. I used 3. You can have them cut to the size you need at your home improvement center if needed)
- 2 feet of small chain per dowel
- S hooks ( 2 per dowel…and 2 for the tension rod) that fit your dowels.
To Do List…
- Put up your tension rod. Put it high on your window allowing for your dowels to hang.
- Attach your S hooks to each end of the dowels.
- Make sure your chain lengths are even.
- Attach an S hook and then chain to your tension rod, attach to the dowel, repeat for each row.