Saturday in this house consisted of one thing.
Halloween costumes. Not much else.
My new sewing machine had come. Yay!
Here is a pic of my new baby…
The kids thought that a new sewing machine should be broke in properly.
With something for them.
We made a fairy costume for K. more on that another time.
And a skeleton bat costume for L.
Here is the costume in all its glory…
Pretty darn fabulous.
I will have you know that we already had the shirt bought from Children’s Place last year. Free!
I had black felt bought on clearance at Wally World sometime back. Score!
We only bought some black pants at Target. $8.00
And some fabric paint. $3.00
Anyways, this costume was one of the simpler in recent memory
I sewed some felt shaped like wings onto the underside of the shirt arms and side.
Added some fabric paint to the black pants and felt.
Made a quick mask from felt and twine.
Talalah de dah. de dah dah.
This is one happy momma! Now, if the house would just clean itself!
In the name of all things fair…
I was passed on this Versatile Blogger Award from lifeatdovehollow . Thank you!
and am following the rules of such things.
This requires me to say 7 things about myself and pass it on to 15 bloggers. Those are the rules.
Hmmm. Not sure about this. But, fair is fair.
1. I hate scary movies. I won’t watch Harry Potter and have to close my eyes for lots of Pirates of the Caribbean. My H things its fun to watch with me though .
2. I wear wool socks from August to June. My feet are always cold!
3. I am a mean cook. Yum! Soon I will start sharing my recipes…soon.
4. I live in WI. But, high dairy content makes me sick. Cheese and Ice Cream are not nice to me. Ironic.
5. My oldest is 8 months older then my youngest (#10) baby sister.
6. I was forced to become a Packer fan after they won the superbowl in 1996. It was a bet. I lost.
7. I have an addiction to my H’s coffee. Seriously…it is soo good! Come try it sometime!
K. Done. Now to pass it on.
linking up with…