It’s here! It’s here! okay, don’t get all excited…
it’s just the tutorial for that darn ruffled Duck Tape pot.
That pot hit the spot for lots of folks (ha, such a dork) and I have been getting a lot of requests for the how-to.
It’s simple, and easy, relatively quick (this one took me 20 minutes) and inexpensive. What more could you ask for?
- Duct Tape (this small pot took about 3/4 of a roll….if that helps)
- Rip small strips of Duck Tape and fold 1/3 of it in towards itself. The top sticky part is what we attach to the pot. The bottomfold is the “ruffle”.
- Attach the sticky side of the “ruffle” to the pot. Occasionally add a crease as you stick it on. Don’t worry about perfection with the creases, it will be covered. All the creases and bunches add to the ruffle effect.
- Repeat process with your additional color, if you chose to do more then one. Be sure to put the next ruffle on in such a way as to cover the pot.
- Repeat the process, staggering your colors and covering the pot in the process.
- At the top, cover the pot with Duck Tape.
- Then add your ruffle at the top and work your ruffles in down towards where you left off. This helps give a nice line to the top of the pot. Looking fancy pancy.
- Be sure to add a strip of Duck Tape to the interior of the pot. Your soil won’t be all the way to the top…will it? You want the inside to look pretty, too!
There you go, your finished product…
and a picture of the one that got all of the attention from THIS POST...
note: in this one I attached the top ruffle INSIDE the pot so it would stick out like that…simply preference.
Okay…you all go get stuff and make one of these. See you later!