This project makes a great gift for someone with an e-reader. It’s unique, inexpensive to make, and practical. I personally love it. I think it’s sneaky. And I love sneaky! And, with this book to e-book cover tutorial you can sit down and make it in no time at all!! What a great gift idea!
- Old book a bit larger and thicker then your e-reader/tablet.
- poster board
- hot glue gun and sticks.
3. Grab some poster board and cut 2 pieces to fit each side of the book.
4. Cover the pieces of poster board with fabric.
5. Cut strips of elastic and use to secure your e-reader. Attach to the back with hot glue or super glue.
6. Use hot glue or super glue to attach the covered board to your book interior.
(I added a strip of fabric down the center as well)
Add a pocket if you like. I used Liquid Stitch instead of sewing.
There you have it. An e-book cover from an old book. Isn’t that just too fun!
Don’t be too impressed. I am not the first person to do this. And there are lots of tutorials online. If you don’t like this one…go looking and you will find just the right one! If you don’t want to do this project right now, but want to save the tutorial for later…pin it!