This project makes a great gift for someone with an e-reader. It’s unique, inexpensive to make, and practical. I personally love it. I think it’s sneaky. And I love sneaky!
It is the 1st in many, many projects…
Old book a bit larger and thicker then your e-reader/tablet.
hot glue gun and sticks.
1. Take the cover off the cover. You know…that plastic one. You want the old book looking one on the inside.
2. Remove the pages of the book. I used a craft knife for this.
3. Grab some poster board and cut 2 pieces to fit each side of the book.
4. Cover the pieces of poster board with fabric.
5. Cut strips of elastic and use to secure your e-reader. Attach to the back with hot glue or super glue.
6. Use hot glue or super glue to attach the covered board to your book interior.
(I added a strip of fabric down the center as well)
Add a pocket if you like. I used Liquid Stitch instead of sewing.
There you have it. An e-book cover from an old book. Isn’t that just too fun!
Don’t be too impressed. I am not the first person to do this. And there are lots of tutorials online. If you don’t like this one…go looking and you will find just the right one!
Linking this project to these great blogs…