A bit ago I shared this post at Mod Podge Rocks.
Which rocked :).
It is a favorite of mine and I wanted to share it with you…
See this sad, broken end table…
Some paint, old books, printed Octopus, and…Mod Podge
turned it into this…
An Octopus table!
1. fix the table leg. Done!
2. Paint the table. I used a gorgeous sea blue. And in all honesty,
I used spray paint. I know. But, it’s so easy!
3. Find an old dictionary and take out some of the pages.
4. Lather Mod Podge all over the top of the table. Watch that it
doesn’t drip along the side.
5. Carefully place you pages on the top. Move quickly, making sure
the pages are facing the direction you want and that they are only
sticking to the top (not along the sides).
6. Carefully cut the ends of the pages off (I used a sharp craft knife)
7. Cover the top with Mod Podge
I forgot the picture for this…but you know how to do that!
8. Print out the Octopus of choice ( I found a black and white and
printed it to several pages for a larger size) and cut it out.
9. Mod Podge the octopus to the top of the table. Watch that you
have it placed properly.
10. After the ModPodge has dried…”age” it by brushing wood
stain on and then rubbing it off.
If desired…finish with a coat of Polyurethane and edge the top
with hotglue and rope.
Linking up this project with these happening places…