repurpose pillowcase: no-sew bag
Last day of Craft Week!
Link up your project at the linky party at one of your hosts…
DIY Home Sweet Home
The Crafty Scientist
Here’s the last craft of the week
…No-sew Pillowcase Bags!
These cute bags are made from pillowcases and require not a single stitch!
Some scissors and ribbon are all you need to turn your child’s pillowcases into a cute bag!
Not that I don’t think you all are capable…because I don’t feel like stitching.
1. Lay your pillowcase flat with the open end close to you. Cut the edges about 1inch from the seam (cut through both sides at the same time) half way down the pillowcase.
2. Fold the large cut pieces of fabric over on each side, you want them to be longer than your “bag”. On the overhang cut slits about 1 inch wide. Be sure to cut the same amount on each side, these will be knotted together.
For small children cut fewer, older children can handle more.
3. Knot the two sides together at the bottom.
4. Cut four slits in the fabric at the top of each side of the “bag”. Run the ribbon or cording through these slits.
5. Tie one end, cinch the other end and tie.
6. For the strap simply tie the two seams you cut down the sides together.
To add to these bags appeal you can have your children draw on them with fabric paint, add beads to their knots, braid the straps, and more!