Can there be a better combo than ice cream and tacos? No, I didn’t think so either!! The trick to these ice cream tacos is the homemade shells. Well, partly homemade. We fry up corn tortillas in cinnamon and sugar and trick them into forming sweet taco shells. Yum!! Fill those babies up with your toppings and you have a sweet, fun treat! These little guys are perfect for parties and special occasions. Make them up early, place them on a cookie sheet, and take them out when needed!
Warning: if you fill these with ice cream too soon, they can go a little soft. It takes a while, but it does happen. So…maybe just make up the shells early.
Ingredients for ice cream tacos:
- 6 inch tortillas (we use corn)
- cinnamon & sugar
- Magic Shell chocolate (optional)
- ice cream & toppings
Directions for Ice cream tacos:
- On a med-high heat skillet place a tablespoon of butter/oil. When that’s melted, add a tortilla.
- Top the tortilla with cinnamon & sugar (guess work here!) and fry it on both sides until golden brown.
- Take the tortilla off the heat and immediately drape over a cooling rack, a cookie sheet or cutting board on its side, or whatever works to shape your tacos. Let cool completely.
- If desired, pour magic shell over the shells and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Fill tacos with ice cream and toppings and serve immediately. Yum!
What other great combos can you come up with? Pink and glitter? Books and Coffee? We would love to know how you combine traditional favorites in un-traditional ways! We have more coming soon!!
Also, if you love this idea, you’ll probably laugh out loud at what we did with our Rice Krispie Donuts. Or how we took our childhood favorite, the fluffernutter sandwich, and turned it into a fluffernutter cookie. Life is so much more fun when you create fun combos, isn’t it!?
Have you had a taco like this? Sprinkles optional! http://t.co/gQBFrFi5UE pic.twitter.com/G41nqijmvS
— Nellie & Bellie (@miznelliebellie) August 5, 2014