Well, it’s been a week since I started this experiment. I’ve done well with drinking water and using kitchen products for cleansing and moisturizing. But, I’ve been horrible with eating non-processed foods. Not horrible…really. I did a few days this week but bombed on the rest. But, to not have a coke or coffee drink is hard!! Yoga hasn’t happened once. But, I did workout twice this week so that’s better than nothing.
What have I been using?
- apple-cider vinegar:: I’ve used this for toner this week. It works great but I am hating the smell! I need to find something better.
- homemade facial wipes (instructions at end of post):: I love these!! They seem to work great and leave my skin feeling soft.
- coconut oil:: this moisturizes like a dream. I used this prior to this experiment because it works so great!
- turmeric and milk mask:: this works great, really great! But, the way it stains everything in site I can not stand!! I’m finding something better!
- My skin is softer and my makeup lays better on my skin
- But, I want so badly to grab my Clarasonic…my skin needs to be exfoliated! I need to find a natural way to do that!
- My acne hasn’t really improved, or worsened. I’m not sure if that is good, or bad.
- A side note, my hair is looking soft and wonderful! I’m thinking the water, and improved diet is helping there!
Instructions for all-natural, homemade facial wipes…
- 1 tab coconut oil
- 2-3 oz natural soap, Johnson’s Head ToToe Baby Wash
, or gentle face wash (if using bar soap, shave it first)
- 2 tab apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 cups boiling water (fill the container about half full)
- 1/2 roll of paper towels (get sturdy, soft ones. I use Bounty)
- Put shaved soap, coconut oil, and vinegar into your container.
- Add boiling water.
- Stir well until soap is dissolved.
- Add folded paper towels.
- Cover and swish. drain excess water.
Try making these homemade facial wipes and see what you think!! They were inexpensive, easy, and I’m loving knowing exactly what’s in them!! I’ll let you know if they continue to work great!
Like homemade? You might also like: