I’m surprised at myself. I’m actually getting into fall crafts. I’ve made several already this year. Must be all the hot chocolate I’ve been drinking. It is clouding my thinking. But today I have a fabric leaves tutorial.
Of course, these are a bit wonky. And not perfect. You can perfect it if you want to. It won’t be hard…just cut straight, and glue properly.
But, I’m not in to doing things perfect. I LOVE these. They look sweet and comfortable on my dining room table.
These are very simple to create. It will leave you time to glue on washers and bits of wood to a vase. And fill it with buttons. No reason…it’s just cool.
Here’s the supplies you need:
- hot glue
- puffy paint (optional)
1. lay a skewer across a square of fabric.
2. run hot glue around where you want the edge to be. Also run hot glue up the skewer (not shown).
3. Fold over the fabric and press it onto the hot glue.
4. Trim the fabric around your edges into a leaf shape (hopefully you are better at that then I)
5. Cut little slits in the “leaves” to give it more shape.
6. Add puffy paint for the “veins” of the leaves.
Now stick them in a pretty vase and you have….
Linking this craft at these great linky parties: