These fabric leaves are a quick and easy project to make for your fall decor. Nothing fancy or hard about these lovelies! A vase of these next to your tipsy pumpkin topiary and your tablescape will be set!
These are very simple to create. It will leave you time to glue on washers and bits of wood to a vase. And fill it with buttons. No reason…it’s just cool.
Here’s the supplies you need:
- hot glue
- puffy paint (optional)
1. lay a skewer across a square of fabric.
2. run hot glue around where you want the edge to be. Also run hot glue up the skewer (not shown).
3. Fold over the fabric and press it onto the hot glue.
4. Trim the fabric around your edges into a leaf shape (hopefully you are better at that then I)
5. Cut little slits in the “leaves” to give it more shape.
6. Add puffy paint for the “veins” of the leaves.
Now stick them in a pretty vase and you have….
Now you know how to make fabric leaves! Make them your favorite colors for fall (or even spring). Be sure to make them out of leftover fabric, or unused clothing (these came from clothes out of my closet during the great jean debate!)