I love a good, tasty dessert! In any form, really. Chocolate, cheesecake, and even fruity…doesn’t matter! Make it easy and quick and you have a love affair of epic proportions! So, I took another turn with Dole fruit and whipped up these easy, individual pineapple upside down cakes. And, I’m sharing the recipe today… I’m nice that way. Start to finish (including cooking time!) these pineapple upside down cakes took about 30 minutes. And about 2 minutes to eat. They were soooo good!
It doesn’t get any easier than these. A mere 5 ingredients that you will most likely have already in your kitchen. And of course, if you would rather make your own biscuit dough instead of using a mix…go right ahead! I’m sure it will make these pineapple upside-down cakes even MORE amazing!
Yes, it truly is that easy.
- Put a tablespoon of melted butter in each cupcake tin (swish it around in the tin to coat the pan)
- Add a couple tablespoons of brown sugar. You can add cinnamon and vanilla if you like. Also nuts. We don’t like them in my house but…I bet they would be amazing for you!
- Add a slice of Dole pineapple. If you cut the ring you can get it to bend around itself a bit better.
- Add about 1/4 cup biscuit dough on top. (I use Bisquik for my biscuit dough and need about 3 cups of finished dough)
- Bake according to the biscuit directions, shaving off about 5 minutes of baking time (because they are a bit smaller). Watch them so they don’t burn.
- Immediately flip them over onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Leave the cupcake pan flipped over for a few minutes before removing.
- Serve warm or cool. Ice cream or none. Cream or none. But, why you would choose none is beyond me!
These pineapple upside-down cakes were wonderful and easy. Proof was to be had on instagram…