Homemade Ranch Dressing…might sound a bit daunting to some…it isn’t really. Most homemade dressings are actually really, really simple. Once you’ve made your first one…you’ll probably be back looking for the recipe to another. Or you’ll skip the recipe altogether. If you are on a gluten-free diet making your own dressings is a great way to get around the small amounts of gluten often put into your salad dressings.
Have you made your own dressing before? We do it rarely. But, it’s something that is so very, very useful to know how to do! Okay…maybe it doesn’t deserve 2 very’s. But definitely the one. We make some up when we are out of our favorite store-bought version. Or, if there is a salad that we think should have a specific kind of dressing. Or when we feel like controlling every little thing that we eat. Or, when we have company. Okay…so maybe we make it more often that we thought.
There is something about homemade dressing that people just go crazy over. We get it. So, we want you to be able to make it too. This is our recipe for Buttermilk Homemade Ranch Dressing. Fast. Easy. Awesome! You rock…done!
add herbs to change up the flavor.
use 1 part mayo to 2 parts buttermilk…with the rest as bonus, tasty goodness!
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise (watch the ingredients if you have a gluten-free diet!)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 3 to 6 tablespoons of fresh parseley, chives, or mint
- 1 tsp white vinegar (optional)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (optional) or 1/2 fresh minced garlic clove (optional)
- Mix all of the ingredients together using 1/2 cup of buttermilk to start, adding more until the consistency of the dressing is how you like it!
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
We have a couple of bottles we use for dressing. One of which is THIS ONE from Rachel Ray (love her stuff!). That one is a standard, multi-purpose bottle. We also pick up ones for the dollar store that we just use until they fall apart and toss (like the one above).
This homemade ranch dressing would be perfect for our super fast and easy Parmesan and Ranch Pull-Apart Bread!