DIY Duck Tape laptop sleeve
Sometimes…sometimes I do a craft just because I can. Just because I wonder if it would work. So…I try it. And sometimes…sometimes…it works! Yes, my head is full of ideas. Yes, I’m slightly ridiculous. But…I smile a lot that’s worth something, right!
I made a redneck IPAD sleeve out of Duck Tape and a mailing envelope. It pretty much rocked. I love it. I use it. I want to make several colors so I can have one that matches every outfit.
So, as I was forcing Nate to listen about my wonderful redneck IPAD sleeve he had an idea. This is the man that thought of using window boxes as shelves in the bathroom. I stop and listen.
His idea…a large mailer envelope for a computer laptop sleeve. Hmmm. I just shrugged it off. But then…when I was trying to sleep I thought about that idea a bit more. Yep…gonna try it!
and…I made it reversible (cause I’m cool like that)….
It’s easy peasy lemon squeezy to make this.
2 large large mailing envelopes with the bubble stuff inside.
1.5 rolls or so of Duck Tape.
1. seal one of the mailing envelopes.
2. cut the side apart (the long side)of that envelope to make a new opening
3. then cut the other 2 sides so you have one big piece…
4. Use your computer to judge how much “material” you need to add.
5. use the second envelope to add more “material” to the sides.
6. Duck Tape that extra on. Do the same for the other side and tops (if necessary)
7. You should end up with a giant piece like this… (it really doesn’t take long!)
8. fold it over and seal up the sides …
9. cover it with Duck Tape and make it pretty pretty!
yep, my man is a keeper. I’m adding my Duck Tape laptop sleeve to my list of favorite projects!