I have a dream. A dream of warmth, pretty cocktails, cabana boys, and lying about. In my dream, all of my cocktails –every single one- come with a cocktail umbrella. Probably a pink one. And delivered by a cabana boy whilst I lay in the warmth and chat with Nate. I don’t hear children in this dream. I don’t see dirty dishes or bills (nope, this dream is paid for) or grass that needs mowing.
Today I have an itty bitty part of my dream fulfilled…
Supplies for cocktail umbrella:
- wooden skewers
- hot glue
- tinsel garland (optional)
- Cut paper into circles about 3 inches in diameter (I used a mason jar as a guide)
- Cut a slit into the circle up to the center of the circle.
- Form the cocktail umbrella from the circle. Hot glue into place.
- (I cut my skewers in half but use the size you prefer!) Hot glue the umbrellas onto the skewers.
- For extra fun…cut up a bit of tinsel garland. Put a dab of hot glue on the top of your umbrella and dip it into the tinsel.
Now you too can have a dream worthy cocktail umbrella for your cocktail! Cheers!
Now you know how to make your own drink umbrella’s! Make a stash for New Year’s or parties and keep them in a drawer. Drinks are always better with an umbrella…wouldn’t you agree? Why not check out our great cocktail collection and include pretty umbrella’s for the glasses? Fun!