if you are in my family and your name starts with a D or a C…go away. and pretend to be surprised. and do the proper amount of oohing and aahing.
this is a simple, quick little gift. it’s the perfect way to personalize a gift. or…to BE the gift. these DIY snow globe ornaments are adorable and sweet!
there is no third. I just believe you shouldn’t have a first or second without a third. it seems dumb. and I don’t do dumb. at least not on purpose.
1. buy clear ornaments.
these are easy to find at any craft store and even a lot of Wally’s and Targey’s around Christmas.
3. buy snowflakes, mini trees (or whatever you want in your globes), and some glitter.
no picture of the glitter…if you don’t know what glitter is you are reading the wrong blog!
4. put a bit of hot glue on the bottom of your mini tree.
plop it in as straight as you can into the globe.
note: you gotta move fast on this part because otherwise your tree will stick where you don’t want it.
why on earth is there a skewer in the picture??
yum…I love kebobs!!!
because this is a great tool to scoot that tree where you want it BEFORE the glue dries.
MOVE FAST. speedmaster!
5. put in your glitter and snow. as much as you want.
tip: use a make-shift funnel to make it easer.
6. for added jazz I added snow effect spray on the outside. this is extra. cause it’s cool. but you certainly don’t need it.
(that’s what it looks like wet. pretty cool!)
7. for added personalization you can add initials with letter stencils and multi-purpose paint.
tip: do a better job then me. i really stink at stencils. stink.
8. tie a bit of tulle around the top, add a bead or bedazzle to the bow and…la tee dah you are done!
Linking up this post with these great blogs…