Yes, I have a recipe for a cupcake. And it’s a darn good cupcake. One of the greats!
More importantly I thought we should have a chat about what makes a good cupcake. So you all know when you go to bring me, or send me, or make me some deliciousness
We need a diagram..
Okay, see this cupcake. It has all the proper elements.
1. Delicious, bad for you…5,000 calorie frosting that I could eat all by itself.
2. Filling. In a flavor that “goes” with the cupcake. Not, just jelly, or cream to say you did. No, it has to match. It has to jive. Or just forget about it.
3. Chocolate. Anywhere, anyhow. I prefer it in the cupcake part. But, it really makes no never mind.
4. Pretty, pretty. The cupcake has to be art in itself. So, technically the cupcake in the picture is pulled apart. But, it really is pretty.
5. Stuff on top. Sprinkles, chocolate, cherries, decorations. Treat my cupcake like your neck…give it some jewelry!
Now…go ahead and send me some cupcakes. But…follow the rules please!
Here’s my latest, greatest, favorite cupcake recipe. It follows the rules and beyond!
This cupcake and frosting recipe is mostly by Sprinkle Bakes (with a few changes). I added the filling.
Don’t be scared…it’s not as hard as it looks!
Coke cupcakes with coke cream filling and salted peanut frosting. (long name!)
Line a cupcake pan with paper liners. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 1 cup Coke
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 4 tablespoons butter-cut into pieces
Heat above ingredients in small saucepan on medium heat until butter is melted.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
Whisk sugars into chocolate mixture until blended. Remove from heat and let cool.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda and 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
Stir dry ingredients together in large bowl. Set aside.
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
Add egg to cooled chocolate and stir well. Add chocolate mixture to dry ingredients and whisk together.
- 1 tsp vanilla
Add vanilla and stir. Fill cupcake liners with 1/4 cup batter. Bake 20-25 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. Cool.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tablespoons cola
- 1/3 powdered sugar (or until desired consistency)
Beat ingredients together until desired consistency is achieved.
Using spoon scoop out center of cooled cupcakes (about an inch across). Scoop filling into holes.
- 2 cups powedered sugar
- 1/2 cup softe butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
Beat ingredients until smooth. Add cream until desired consistency for the frosting is desired. Pipe onto cupcakes and top with sea salt and crushed peanuts.
(I just use ziplock bags to pipe frosting…nothing special)
Til Next time!
-Linking this post with these happening places…
-Johansen Journey–Southern Lovely--Someday Crafts--tatertots & Jello--Shaken Together-The Diy Showoff--Serenity Now--Brassy Apple--Under the Table & Dreaming--CraftOManiac--Six Sisters Stuff–Cherished Bliss--sugar Bee Crafts--Not Just a Housewife--Tip Junkie--Lil’ Luna--Gingersnap Crafts--Uncommonly Yours--Chef in Training-